The Housing Forum’s response to the MHCLG consultation Building a Safer Future: Proposals for reform of the building safety regulatory system.
This consultation builds on the recommendations from Dame Judith Hackitt’s Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety. It proposes fundamental reform of building safety requirements so that residents are safe, and feel safe, in their homes.
The proposals span 5 broad areas:
- the scope of the new regime
- the concept of dutyholders who have clear responsibilities throughout a building’s design, construction and occupation
- giving residents a stronger voice in the system and ensuring their concerns are never ignored
- plans for a new building safety regulator to provide oversight of the new building safety regulatory regime
- strengthened enforcement and sanctions to deter non-compliance with the new regime
Our views on these proposals were submitted to MHCLG in July 2019.View Response
A Quality Home for All
The Housing Forum campaigns for a quality home for all. If you’d like to find out more about our mission, we’d love to talk to you.