2011 Budget Highlights for Housing
Published: 23 March 2011 | Author: Colm Quinn
The 2011 Budget was delivered on 23rd March. Some of the most pertinent highlights for housing are contained in the Government's "Plan for Growth". The section on Planning is at pg 43-49 and the section on Construction is at pg 115-118.
Comments from Grant Shapps MP:
- "We're boosting large scale investment in house building by ending the unfair Stamp Duty on bulk purchases of new build homes"
- "New standard for zero carbon homes means a 100% reduction in emissions from homes without unfair costs for housebuilders"
- "We’re helping housebuilders deliver the homes this country needs by taking away the upfront costs of buying land"
- "The powerful new presumption in favour of sustainable development means the answer to development should be ‘yes’ wherever possible"
- "Under 'build now, pay later' housebuilders will be given surplus public land which they will only pay for once homes built on it are"
- "We’re lifting the burden of excessive regulation off the backs of builders, reducing the complexity of planning consents"
Treasury budget site
14 May 2013
NHBC hosts a biannual social housing forum in London to provide information and discussion on: More...
13 May 2013
We have two exciting Skill | Share | Seminars coming up in May and June which will close our... More...