Project Update Meeting - October 2008
Published: 02 June 2009 | Author: Orivaldo Barros
Project Update Meeting
Rethinking Housing Refurbishment 15th October 2008
- Alan Ferguson (AF) - BRE;
- James Hale (JH) - EC Harris LLP; (Chair)
- John Shipley (JS) - Wates Living Space;
- Kate Symons (KS) - BRE;
- James Honour (JHo) - BRE;
- Roger Rufey (RR) - Wates Living Space;
- John O?Brien (JOB) - BRE;
- Mike Perry (MPe) - BRE;
- Alex Fish (AFi) - Wates Living Space;
- Orivaldo Barros (OB) - BRE;
- Christina Allison (CA) - Lighting Enterprises;
- John McCawley (JM) - RSK;
- Evelyn Pellow (EP) - Enabling Concepts;
- Chris Longmire - EC Harris;
- Ray Olayinka (RO) - Constructing Excellence;
- Lee Yeates (LY) - Wates Living Space;
- Paul Standard (PS) - Scott Wilson;
- Ray Jeffrey (RJ) - BRE;
- The revised construction programme with a commencement of 29th September 2008 was issued on 11th September 2008 indicating a proposed handover of 27th July 2009.
- Further to Wates/BRE meeting on 17th September 2008 and subsequent conversation it was agreed to delay recommencement until 20th October 2008 to enable the FOC material procurement to develop and issue the full set of contacts for the works. This delays the proposed handover by three weeks to 17th August 2009, subsequently incurring additional cost.
- Packages currently out to tender in period. In the process of review, reconciliation and placement (subject to issue of free issue schedule).
- Final placing of subcontracts may be effected until the extent of free issue materials has been resolved.
- OpenHub are now being discussed regarding the IT installation. It was agreed that a discussion be held and the supplier of the installation be confirmed. The design team will assist where possible.
- It was confirmed that a central store had been located for material storage.
Health and Safety
- CL issued his H&S audit on the development when the scheme recommences on site.
- JOB ran through the H&S procedures for using the store. It was confirmed that the BRE forklift could be used for certain items.
- No health and safety incidents to report.
Any other business
- A formal list of FOC suppliers with formal specification. External specification not included at present will be issued.
- Kitchen design will be confirmed in due course.
- Ground source cooling is seen to be a good option.
- The bat report is being progressed by the marketing team