Project Update Meeting - April 2008
Published: 03 June 2009 | Author: Orivaldo Barros
Project Update Meeting 1 April 2008
- James Honour (JHo) - BRE (Part Meeting Only);
- Alan Ferguson (AF) - BRE;
- Gerry Saunders (GSa) - BRE;
- Orivaldo Barros (OB) - BRE;
- Betty Smith (BS) - BRE;
- Ray Olayinka (RO) - Constructing Excellence;
- Roger Rufey (RR) - Wates Living Space;
- David Housego (DH)- PRP Architects;
- James Hale (JH) - EC Harris LLP (Chair)
Project Progress and matters arising
- It was agreed that the clock would be restored and a solar panel mechanism would now to be used.
- The demolition of the boiler room awaited the removal of the gas pipe. BRE sealed off the gas main upon exposure. This has now been completed and demolition has commenced.
- Work on existing and new underground service ducts are now 90% complete.
- The initiative to involve local children with the live/work unit design is progressing quickly.
- The acoustic performance possibilities for the workshop area will be examined. The current layout will be provided by the Facilities Management team to confirm what is currently included and a ?short? report will be issued explaining the opportunities to improve the sound levels.
Health and Safety
- No accidents on site to date.
On Site Progress
- Work on all external ducts is now complete.
- Road surfaces to be completed by Wednesday 2nd April.
- Plant room demolition has commenced.
Matters Affecting Progress
- Completion of PRP proposals on externals walls, are almost complete.
- BT diversion dates to be confirmed.
Matters that may Affect Progress
- Amount of repair information for the existing structure.
- Late issue of service penetrations through roof, these have now issued.
- The possibility of rainwater harvesting in the roof space will be investigated.